NGA seeks support for cloud development, collaboration
The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency is looking for contractors to help it with unclassified cloud development support and industry collaboration services.
NGA is considering a five-year contract for the cloud development support project. Through a new request for information, it’s gathering feedback on industry practices that would meet its own needs.
The agency is also seeking ideas on additional value-added services that could aid the requirements to enable more of its modernization efforts.
Specific task areas include:
- The ability to rapidly purchase and test hardware and software to include private cloud technology
- Enhancements for collaborative teamwork and team cohesion
- Ideas and collaboration services
- Industry collaboration activities and events
- Other NGA locations, which might benefit from similar support services.
On a broader scale, the project would aid NGA’s larger digital transformation, cloud migration work, and better industry interaction.
The NGA released the RFI Oct. 18. Responses are due by Oct. 31.
Matthew Weigelt is a freelance journalist who writes about acquisition and procurement.