AWS expands GovCloud services
- By Gov Cloud Insider Staff
Amazon Web Services recently announced a number of new services available in the AWS GovCloud region:
- AWS IoT Core, a managed cloud platform that lets connected devices easily and securely interact with cloud applications and other devices.
- AWS IoT Device Management lets users securely onboard, organize, monitor and remotely manage your IoT devices at scale throughout their lifecycle.
- Amazon CloudWatch Dashboards allow users to create reusable graphs and get a unified operational view across cloud resources and applications.
- Amazon GuardDuty threat detection service enables continuous monitoring to detect security threats.
- Amazon Polly, AWS Lambda, Amazon Simple Notification Service and Amazon API Gateway now offer FIPS 140-2 compliant end points. A full list of FIPS 140-2 compliant AWS services is available here.
Launched in 2011, the AWS GovCloud is an isolated AWS region, subject to FedRAMP high and moderate baselines, where customers can host sensitive controlled unclassified information and all types of regulated workloads.